Every once in awhile, social media makes me giggle. Like I’m fooling people.
Like these people who followed me on Twitter in the past ten days:
- Jeffrey Hayzlett (@JeffreyHayzlett): Global Business Celebrity. BestSelling Author: Running the Gauntlet & The Mirror Test – Speaker, Thought Leader, Sometime Cowboy.
- S. Chris Edmonds (@scedmonds): Speaker, author, senior consultant with @kenblanchard, author Leading at a Higher Level & two tweet books, @JonesAndRain member.
- Mohamed Osam (@mohamedosam): A blogger and SEO and social media enthusiast. CCIE-Security, CEH, MCSE and PMP certified. I also do a lot of C/C++, php, asp, MySQL and MS-SQL programming.
- Bob Richards (@Bob_Richards): Space entrepreneur. Orphan of Apollo. A Founder of the International Space University, Singularity University, SEDS, Odyssey Moon & Moon Express (CEO).
- Ken Blanchard (@kenblanchard): Speaker, Business Guru, and Author of over 50 books, including the One Minute Manager.
- Karen Bergreen (@karenbergreen): Comic, dictorial mother of two, and author of NYT and O Magazine recommended book – Following Polly.
- Scot Finnie (@ScotFinnie): Editor in Chief Computerworld, journo, IT, mobile, security, cloud, CoIT, OSes, media, green, finance. Mac geek, Android user. Father. Married to @cyfinnie.
Do they all know they connected with this girl?
Thanks, Twitter, for suggesting me – I had not followed any of them prior to them following me – but let’s be real here.
I tweeted “L’eggo of my #” and laughed at myself for five minutes afterward, and my measure of social media influence maxed out right around the time I tweeted:
Anyway. I don’t care what gets you here – I’m glad you’re are. Sorry if you got tricked into coming here thinking I was an expert in anything.
And by anything, I mean anything. Like these search terms that have led to You’ve Got Nae.
- Love in Paris
- Switzerland trains
- (my mother’s name)
- Forrest Gump Why Don’t You Love Me
- Bangle “off anymore”
- Barcelona knife
- Funny pictures for girls hostel
- All Things Love
- Bird that meows
- Sketchy Italians
- Skeptical babies
- Just smile for happy people
- Having sex in an Amsterdam peep show
- (My sister’s name)
- Men with cameras
- clogged toilet + tampons
- This Means War I’m Yoko
- Christmas greetings in different languages
- Chicago the band
- UPS flights
- iPad won’t connect to the wifi in Barcelona
- Love vs. Awkwardness
- Sudafed and champagne
- Prague pissing boys
- Don’t you wonder what will I be in the future?
- Tan lines
- STDs Red Light Amsterdam
- If a girl says fly me to the moon
- Had to wear headgear
- Tina Fey and flip flops
- Graduated hair dyeing
- How my thong pictures came back to haunt me
- When people special to other people
- Mum told me to wet myself
- Give my phone some credit.
- This is a random beep coming from my nook
- Funny pictures of babies smoking
- Time Flies When You’re Having Fun. Rewrite Cliches.
- Movies about every time the wind blows someone dies.
- Panties for see-through ivory dress
- Toy Story 3 alliteration
- Dr. Seuss long distance phone calls
- 3D Glasses cause anxiety attacks
- Does “It Ends Tonight” have alliteration in it? (I’m in a fit of giggles typing this)
- Do red drapes mean prostitute
- Don’t know why I bother with friends
- Lots of babies
- My friend got the same backpack as me – What do I do?
- Questions to ask your AFLAC representative about maternity leave
- Neil Patrick Harris Christmas card
And my favorite, “I get drunk on life.”