While I was in Europe, I wrote a lot but read very little. I got behind in responding to comments and questions, and I am still catching up. I wasn’t following a single other blog – I’m working on it.
That said, it’s about time I responded to one fun thing. In the past three weeks, fellow bloggers have nominated my blog for the Versatile Blogger Award three times. It’s a fun way bloggers recognize other writers they follow and help spread followers and awareness of the work out there, and I’m so thankful for the mentions in the following posts:
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
I’ve just recently followed the following blogs (I’ve yet to catch up or do much serious reading, but these are the ones I look forward to reading):
Sweet the Sound – Check the end of the linked post out, she’s been pretty great to me!
restlessjo – “Roaming, at home and abroad”
Paperballpotluck – Mattie and I met two and a half years ago, and she’s been a wonderful friend to me.
We are all oddities – One of the more brilliant writers I’ve ever had the joy of personally knowing.
That’s not 15. That’s why they’re not numbered. I promise to fill you in on more as I start reading.
7 Random Things About Myself
1. My childhood bedroom was decorated in I Love Lucy collectible items.
2. As a child, I hit parked cars twice with my bike.
3. At :45 on this clip, that’s me!
4. I’ve been to the capital of 18 countries, but I’ve never been to Washington, D.C.
5. I’m at least 4.5 inches taller than anyone else in my immediate family.
6. Shania Twain’s Come On Over album (specifically songs 2-4) has been a constant in my life since its release in 1997.
7. I had to wear headgear as a pre-teen, and it was awful.
Tonight, I took the kids to Balboa Island to see the houses dressed up for the holidays. There’s nothing better than hanging with this group. Especially when the ride home is five kids singing along to Christmas carols and then Nirvana.
Simply the best.